Provides leadership, instruction and motivation for participants in swimming lessons. Creates a safe and positive atmosphere promoting member safety and engagement, youth development and healthy living in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures.
1. Knows and understands all emergency procedures and responds to emergency situations immediately and appropriately, in accordance with YMCA standards, policies and procedures.
2. Maintains all required certifications, in accordance with YMCA standards, policies and procedures.
3. Conducts swim lessons, as assigned, in accordance with YMCA standards, policies and procedures.
4. Develops swimming and water safety skills using effective organizational patterns, observation, instructional floatation devices and teaching techniques, adjusting for each participant’s developmental needs.
5. Creates a positive student experience by providing effective feedback, celebrating success, and encouraging progress.
6. Create a positive parent experience by providing a first day orientation, interacting before and after each lesson, giving constructive feedback and giving opportunities for at home learning. Address parent concerns and communicate with aquatics leadership.
7. Maintains accurate records of attendance and progress, as required by YMCA standards, policies and procedures.
8. Performs daily equipment checks and reports damaged equipment. Prepare equipment prior to class start. Organizes and puts away all equipment after use.
9. Attends all staff meetings and trainings, including in-services, as required by YMCA standards, policies and procedures.
10. Maybe required to conduct private swim lessons, stroke development clinics, or other aquatics programs as needed.
Must be at least 16 years old to apply.
Training is provided. To apply, please go to https://www.ymcahouston.org/careers.
Starts at $10.00