Sets-up and operates CNC machines performing lathe and mill work to produce components for oilfield equipment. Read and interpret drawings and operating instructions, inspects parts to ensure accuracy and performs in a manner that safety is a top priority.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Operates and offsets machine tools in accordance with training and safety procedures.
• Reads blueprints or job orders to obtain product specifications (dimensions and tolerances) and tooling instructions (fixtures, feed rates, cutting speeds, depth of cut and cutting tools).
• Positions and secures work pieces to holding devices, machine tables, chucks, centers or fixtures using clamps and wrenches.
• Sets specified feeds, speeds and depth of cut in accordance with product specifications and tooling instructions.
• Ability to read and comprehend complex engineering drawings and blueprints.
• Ability to set up and operate a full range of conventional machine shop equipment.
• Observes operation and verifies conformance of machined work pieces to specifications using measuring instruments such as fixed gauges, calipers, comparators and micrometers.
• Performs machine daily checks and maintenance.
• Works to close tolerances and select speeds, feeds and tools for varying conditions according to reference manuals or materials for machine set ups and repair. Must have minimal scrap and rework when performing appropriate skill set.
• Maintains safe and clean work area on a day-to day basis.
• Keeps and follows machine shop safety policies and procedures.
• Able to set up inspection gauges.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
Education Requirements (Minimum and Preferred)
• Minimum: High school or equivalent
• Preferred: Trade school graduate
• Minimum 3 years
Required Skill Sets
• Must be able to read parts drawings
• Strong computer and analytical skills
• Ability to effectively interact with people in a positive manner.
• Ability to apply technical knowledge.
• Ability to apply information in stressful situations.
• Ability to deal simultaneously with several problems.
• Ability to comprehend complex problems and reach reasonable conclusions.
• Must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
Currently seeking a CNC Machinist for a facility in the North Conroe area. Looking for minimum 2 years of experience as a CNC Machinist and experience with CNC Lathe setup and operating. Must be able to read blueprints/job orders, ability to operate equipment, fix gauges, calipers, comparators and micrometers. Must be familiar with Fanuc controls. Must have experience with API and straight threading. Most machines are HAAS, Tucson, MAZAK, and a couple PUMAs
$17 - $22