MONTGOMERY COUNTY, Texas -- FEMA housing programs are beginning to be rolled out across all affected areas. There is a process and each program takes time with permitting, inspections, and verifying what is the best fit for each property and applicant.
This is how it works:
- If you have greater than $17,000 in verified loss, which is determined by FEMA, then your information will be forwarded to the appropriate Council of Governments (COG)
- COG for Montgomery County this is HGAC Houston-Galveston Area Council. HGAC caseworkers will work with the affected households to determine which housing they are eligible for, and what is available within their community.
- Housing options for Hurricane Harvey are as follows:
- Manufactured Housing Units (MHU’s)
- Travel Trailers (Recreational Vehicles)
- Direct Assistance for Limited Housing Repair (DALHR)
- Multifamily Lease and Repair (MLR)
- Direct Lease
- If you were referred to the Small Business Administration and did not submit the application you may be missing out on additional FEMA funds. Oftentimes, FEMA relies on the information given to them by SBA to determine qualification. SBA application deadline extended to November 24, 2017.
- The Individual Assistance registration deadline has been extended to November 30, 2017.
Disaster Recovery Centers (DRC) open in Montgomery County
Old Conroe Police Department Building
- 700 Old Montgomery Road, Conroe, TX 77301
- Monday-Saturday 8:00 am - 7:00 pm; Sunday noon – 5pm
- 21569 U.S. 59, New Caney TX 77357
- Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday 9:00 am – 6:00 pm