Committed to Excellence
The Conroe Independent School District (CISD or Conroe ISD) is located in Conroe Texas in the Deane L. Sadler Administration / Technology Center at 3205 West Davis Street.
A Brief History of Conroe Independent School District
Near the community of Beach, the original school for Conroe, Texas was a one-room schoolhouse named Conroe Mill School and only ran for a five-month term at a time in 1886. Shortly after the establishment of Conroe Mill School, the first African-American school for the area was founded at Madeley Quarters.
On July 12, 1892, through the consolidation of twelve Common School Districts surrounding Conroe, TX, the Conroe Independent School District (CISD, Conroe ISD) was established over an area covering 25 square miles was created by the Commissioners Court of Montgomery County, Texas. In a 1925, the 39th Legislature of the State of Texas mandated the enlargement of the Conroe ISD from 25 square miles to include numerous surrounding school areas to create a district that covered 333 square miles. With the annexing of 7,781 acres of the Magnolia Independent School District, the size of Conroe ISD increased to the current size of 348.09 square miles.
The first graduating high school class of Conroe High School were four students – 1 male and 3 female students—in 1902. In 2010 the graduating class was over 3,000 students from six high schools in the CISD.
From its rural beginnings in 1886, Conroe ISD has made major strides in becoming one of the fastest growing school districts in the nation.