Christmas on Main prepares for 6th Annual Event in Downtown Conroe
CONROE, TX -- The Downtown Merchants with the Conroe Downtown Area Association (CDAA) is preparing for the 6th Annual Christmas on Main to take place after the Annual Tree Lighting on Tuesday, Nov. 29 from 6:30pm until 9:30pm throughout the streets of Main, Simonton, and Metcalf. Founder’s Plaza will be the center of music by the Jazz Connection starting promptly at 7:00pm and will also serve as the drop off for tickets to win prizes that night.
Christmas on Main is a collaboration between the City of Conroe and the Conroe Downtown Area Association to bring a family fun event to residents to kick off the “most wonderful time of the year.” In 2017, Mayor Powell asked volunteers to create an event where families could share the excitement of Christmas right after the “official” City of Conroe tree was lighted while everyone was still in the Downtown area. Each year more activities add to the event and allow the public to visit the merchant shops.
For the third year the World-Famous Clydesdale horses, sponsored by Express Employment will be in attendance and there will be a Christmas Vendor Market available on Main Street by the Courthouse.
The Conroe Downtown Area Association is appreciative of the sponsors for the 2022 Christmas on Main: The City of Conroe, The Corner Pub, Councilman Todd Yancy, Councilman Curt Maddux, Margie Taylor of Taylorized PR, Duke W. Coon-President of Hadco International, and Quest Engineering. Without their assistance this event would not be possible.
Families can get informational maps, wooden tokens, and raffle tickets at the booths located at Heritage Park entrance, the corner of Main/Simonton, North Thompson/Simonton, Thompson/Metcalf, and Main/Metcalf. The public walk the streets to vote on window displays from participating merchants by dropping a wooden coin into the decorated gift box outside their favorite window display. There are a dozen attorneys decorating their windows alongside the merchants and the window with the most tokens will win the coveted first through third place plaques.
The map will feature activities hosted by the merchants. Activities to date:
- Santa will be at Mimi’s on Main
- Pictures with the Bear and BEARS Etc. near Founder’s Plaza
- Carolers from the Montgomery County Choral Society
- Hayride-sponsored by Montgomery County Texas Farm Bureau
- Letter writing to Santa on Simonton by Brownlee Jewelers
- Reindeer food on Main Street
- Santa’s Workshop at Brownlee Jewelers
- Branding Iron Custom Goods, The Players Theatre at the Owen Theatre, Conroe Central Market, MOD Boutique, the Conroe Art League, Sweet Texas Treasures, MoCo Food Hall, and Main Street Merchants are all hosting Christmas surprises
- Ornament Decorating at USTMAX Center and Almost August
- Cookie Decorating by Vernele’s New Orleans Bakery on Main and Simonton
- The Ferm Meadery will serve hot mead for the adults and face painting for the kids
- Facepainting at The Dragon Bowl
- 3 FREE balloon artists will be sharing their talents by the Courthouse on Main, Founder’s Plaza Park, and on Simonton around the festivities
- The Grinch and Cindy Lou Who will be strolling the streets for photos
- The Red Brick Tavern will set up a large screen on Simonton by their venue to watch The Grinch
The streets will close on Simonton, Main, and Metcalf in Downtown, with free parking at the City of Conroe parking garages located on Thompson, Simonton and behind Founder’s Park in the jury lot.
Christmas carolers from the Montgomery County Choral Society and music performed from students with the Jazz Connection will encourage participants at Heritage Park to stroll the 2 blocks down Simonton or Metcalf towards the festivities at the Downtown shops and at Founder’s Plaza Park.
Tickets will also be available from the merchants to enter a drawing until 8:00pm for bicycles and other prizes. Drawings will begin at 8:10pm and you must be present to receive a prize. All tickets for drawings must be taken to tumbler at Founder’s Plaza Park to be included in the drawing.
Festivities begin at Heritage Place Park, 500 Metcalf Street, Conroe at 6:30 pm.
“We hope everyone comes out for a brief time to be part of the inspiration that drives the Christmas season!” said Rodney Pool, coordinator of the Annual Christmas on Main.
For additional information follow the Downtown Conroe Facebook page at www.Facebook.com/ExperienceHistoricDowntownConroe