- Sections :
- Crime & Public Safety
- Local Area
CONROE, TX -- iHeartMedia Houston’s Newstalk 740 KTRH announced today that Skip Richter will be the new host of “GardenLine,” effective February 25. “Garden Line” broadcasts 6 a.m. – 10 a.m. Saturdays and Sundays. Skip will appear at the Montgomery County Home and Outdoor Living Show Saturday, March 4 at 11:30am sharing a seminar, "Spring success with your lawn and garden” and then from 12:30pm-1:30pm with an informal meeting answering gardening questions, giving advise and connecting with GardenLine followers at the show.
Richter has served as the National Gardening Association’s regional horticulturist for the southeastern U.S. and is a contributing editor to Texas Gardener magazine. Richter takes over for longtime show host Randy Lemmon who passed away unexpectedly earlier this year.
“We’re all still reeling from the sudden loss of Randy,” said Bryan Erickson, Director of AM Programming for iHeartMedia Houston. “This was a difficult search, and we feel fortunate to have found Skip. Not only is he one of the most qualified horticulturists in Texas, Skip has the perfect ‘down home’ demeanor when it comes to helping listeners with their gardening issues.”
Richter received his master’s degree in Horticulture from Texas A&M University and has worked with the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service for 34 years in various counties across the state, including Montgomery, Travis, Harris and most recently Brazos, where he currently serves as a County Extension Agent in Horticulture. He received the County Extension Agent Award from the Texas Nursery & Landscape Association in 2023 and was recently selected as a Regents Service Fellow by the Board of Regents for the Texas A&M University System.
"I'm excited to be hosting Garden Line and helping listeners have more bountiful gardens and beautiful landscapes! Randy was an old friend going back to college when we lived in the same dorm. We will all miss him, and I consider it an honor to carry on the Garden Line tradition," said Richter.
iHeartMedia Houston has a strong cross-platform presence and includes a number of iconic brands and franchises — both broadcast and digital — encompassing more than seven stations comprised of music, talk and news formats.
iHeartMedia is the leading media outlet in the Houston market with multiple platforms, including its broadcast stations; live events; data; and its digital businesses and platforms, including mobile, social and its own iHeartRadio, iHeartMedia’s free all-in-one digital music, podcasting and live streaming radio service – with 3 billion app downloads and more than 160 million registered users.
Other Highlights of the Show:
- Appearance by Home Show Radio Host Tom Tynan. Tom will broadcast from the show at 9:00am Saturday until noon and will answer your questions at the HomeShow Radio Experts Booth noon until 2pm.
- Diane Cowen-Houston Chronicle Architecture + Design Writer- brings design ideas bring your designs and ask questions one on one. “Add style and personality to your home with layers of color” and “The heart of the home: Revamping your kitchen in showstopping style.”
- Win your very own backyard bar delivered and assembled from pressure treated lumber from Taverns to Go valued at $3100.
- Aqua Living Factory Outlet Spa Sale! Multiple brands of luxury spas at outlet pricing. Huge accessory gift package with any purchase at the show.
- Bryson Janecek, President of Built Green Custom Homes, Certified Green and Graduate Master Builder
- Cure The Chaos Professional Organizer, Reagan Phillips will elevate your basic pantry to the Ultimate Pantry. Win an Ultimate Pantry Makeover (value to $2,000)
- Visit with the Sam Houston State University Bearkat's QB Keegan Shoemaker and Wide Receiver Ife Adeyi at the show Sunday afternoon.
- Tom Decker, home efficiency expert of The Attic Depot
- Visit with local nonprofits Community Assistance Center, Habitat for Humanity Montgomery County, and The Furniture Bank Montgomery County.
The Montgomery County Home and Outdoor Living Show is sponsored by Tachus Fiber Internet, Woodlands Online, Community Impact, KStar Radio, and Dockline Magazine.
This year at the door, teachers receive half-off admission (with valid ID)! Frontline Sunday - all active Military personnel, Veterans, Fire, Police, and First responders receive a free admission with a valid ID. Simply present your valid ID at the Box Office for complimentary admission.
Show hours are Saturday March 4 (9:00am-6:00pm) and Sunday March 5 (10:00am-5:00pm), Lone Star Convention Center, 9055 Airport Road, Conroe, 77303. Tickets for the show are $10 for adults, $9 for seniors, children 12 years and younger are free, $8 online prior to entry. Visit www.TexwoodShows.com for more information. Free parking is available at the Lone Star Convention Center.